Monday 9 April 2012

Documentary of the Week

The documentary I chose to feature this week is entitled 'The Virgin Daughters' and is an intimate look inside the purity movement in the central states. I believe there is a lot that can be taken away from this documentary, but most importantly I believe that the purity movement lacks education on contraception and STI's. I think abstinance is a great idea and theory, but in the end it is a very unrealistic outlook on the sexuality of today's youth. Telling a young person to make a vow for celibacy and not educating them further is just a recipe for disaster. Aside from that fundamental flaw, I enjoyed the great relationships between family members and the encouragement the young people received for respecting themselves.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/virgin-daughters/

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment